• Our Free Newsletter
• Art for the Laundry Room
Duds In The Suds Wood Sign
Laundry Art Print
Buy at AllPosters.com
Laundry Room Wood Sign
Buy at AllPosters.com
Keeping these essentials in an over the door holder can be a time saver.
Hang a shelf over the washing machine to keep soaps handy
Bongo Buddy Hamper
- Add scent to your clean clothes by tossing a fragrance pad into the dryer. Start
by cutting 2 6" by 6" pieces of fabric. Sew right sides together on 3 sides and
stuff with a small amount batting. Add a few drops of your favorite lavendar or lemon essential oil and sew the last side closed. Add to the dryer for a fresh scent.
- Crafts with Dryer Lint
- Make an angel worry doll from a clothespin
- Make a clothespin reindeer. Delete the legs and use him as a pin or magnet.
- Make Longjohns out of tube socks
- Use baby clothes or doll clothes to create a swag or valance of clothes hanging on a line with old fashioned Clothespins
- Add this
to a nautical room.
- Hang a washboard - either plain or painted for an old time country feel.
- Laundry rooms are often tucked away so this may be the room to try a painted mural or new faux paint technique.
- Closets near a kitchen, hallway, or bedroom can
often be updated to include the water, power, and venting required for a washer and dryer.
If it's a small closet consider a stacking washer and dryer.
- Hot glue tacks to Mini Clothespins for use on a bulletin board.
- If you have a concrete floor consider painting it.
Clean first with soap and water, and rinse completely; let dry. Apply a waterproof sealer and let dry. Now you're ready to paint.
- Hang an old fabric purse from a coat hook and fill with clothes pins
- Everything Comes Out in the Wash
- Laundry Makes Me a Basket Case
- Laundry 7 days a Week Makes One Weak
- Laundry - Where Mom Hangs Out
- Life is Like a Spin Cycle
- Normal is Just a Setting on the Dryer
- This Laundry Room is Self Cleaning - Do It Yourself!
- A shelf over the washer and dryer is a helpful way to organize your supplies. If you budget will allow a cabinet mounted over the space
it will add capacity and hide the storage at the same time.
- Laundry Hints from the Vinegar Institute
- Basket storage is a handy decorative solution for keeping laundry needs, a sewing kit, or hangers within reach but without adding to a cluttered look.
- Laundry Tips
*Since you may have to replace your washer and dryer someday, don’t customize the room to hold only those units - leave some wiggle room.
*Install automatic shutoff valves in case a hose breaks.
*Insulation placed n the walls and floor will reduce noise vibrations.