• Our Free Newsletter
• Primitive Prints
This wall border can add a primitive look to any space
Add a touch of primitive or go all out
Primitive Red House
Buy at AllPosters.com
Primitive can be warm and cozy with their dark country colors
such as burgundy, navy, hunter, and mustard.
Fabrics include plaids, homespun, and quilts -
for a rustic cabin feeling. Woods are rustic such as pine, cedar and barn wood with a matte finish. Metals include iron, tin, and pewter. Accessories include game boards,
samplers, sheep, crows, saltbox houses, signs, and antiques. Crafts are right at home in the primitive decor including:
Leisure Arts-Modern Primitive Embroidery
• Rag garlands on the mantle
• Add a primitive tag to a hand made gift for a finishing touch.
• Free primitive graphics or coloring pages can lend themselves
easily to framed pieces or pillows that feature primitive stitching.
Thin muslin can be placed over the graphic and traced, then apply some big stitches,
embellish with buttons, yarn and frame.
• Felt can be appliqued with big stitches onto a felt pillow
for a warm seasonal addition.
• Sew this Patriotic Pillow.
• The simplicity and dark colors in this
Christmas tree penny rug would make it a cozy addition to any Holiday home.
• Tea stain a new sampler for an aged look.
• Add patches with long stitches to a favorite teddy.
• Primitive style seems to lend itself to wooden crafts.
Rough wooden signs
with their edges worn and a
can say any number of things.
• A Welcome Sign can be painted on wood or written with twigs glued on.
• Door Crowns can be embellished with Saltbox houses, seasonal
decor, or angel blessings. Some patterns can
be found in these books:
• Make an assortment of these Wood Scrap Snowmen
• Embellish with Rusty Tin accents such as a
• Use a piece of tea stained homespun plaid as a Matt to frame a hand lettered sign.
• Print a Calendar.
• Paint or sew from these Raggedy Patterns.
• Print out Primitives for shopping lists, bookmarks, candy wrappers,
recipe cards, stationary, and labels.
• Try this basic
saltbox pattern by Donna Atkins. The message could be changed
to suit any occasion.
• Add berries, flowers, and a ribbon to welcome guests by hanging a
on your front door. Or hang one indoors above a bed or over a fireplace.
• Add warmth under your feet with a Braided Rug
• Add this
Primitive Welcome Sheep & Star Wall Border to your kitchen or entry way.
• Slice wood limbs thin for coasters.
• Display towels or fruit in a
Primitive wooden wash bucket